Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Soul mates: Do they exist?


The idea of having a perfect soul mate always amuses me. As a child the fairy tales I read had done its wonders on me. I would imagine my prince charming riding on a white horse (you know the kind in Sleeping beauty) someday and stealing me away to the far away land of happiness. But as I grew up, the fantasy of the white horse and the happiness land faded yet the idea of a prince charming never left me. I was told that some one some where is made for you and this very idea excited me. I couldn’t wait to meet the one solely made for me. But alas I was never told that I would have to pass through so many toads (no hard feelings to anyone) before I could meet my very own prince charming. I fell in love (so I thought) when I was in my teens, I thought I found my prince charming but it wasn’t the happily ever after ending. It rather ended way too soon. After that the so called prince charmings (a handful) came my way but none proved one. Some gave me their reasons for having to go and some I did to let go.
Then came the most exciting phase of my life, the college! The idea of a prince charming ever with me, I had made the work easier for Mr. Cupid. The first year of my college, I met my teen love and just a spark and the flames flared up. I was sure that I found my prince charming at last for why would destiny let us meet again after so many years. But destiny had different plans for me. Just a year and our relationship was what you called on the rocks. I ended it for the good of both of us. Now he is happily married to my best friend (that’s how weird destiny can be sometimes!) and they are blessed with a wonderful son.
What was in store for me in the coming year has already been narrated to my readers in my earlier article “motherhood” so I won’t bore you repeating the boring stuff over again. So that was a procession of prince charmings I met, of course none turned out to be one. But before I knew, I realized that through all these pain, hurt and of course happiness, I had gained the most valuable lesson of a lifetime “to be careful of whom you trust”. But the idea of a perfect soul mate still amuses me  though I wonder if soul mates ever really do exist! If they do where is mine? Lol

3 comments:

  1. Tshering,

    DOnt worry... I think you will find him or he will find you soon.....

    wish U all the luck

    Aue Kuenzang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read your "Motherhood" article and it still amuses me of how strong and independent you appear as a working woman and a loving mother.

    Grass always appear greener on the other side but we never know what future hold in for us. I may not be the right person to say this but I do share your emotions as a going to be someone's girl and we are blessed with a strong heart to endure the harshness of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aue kunzang for all the luck :) and yessi I am so overwhelmed with the kind of compliment you have bestowed upon me generously which i am not really worthy of :) thank you so much...Future is definitely uncertain but we for sure wouldn't want to sigh "what if" down the line :) thats how we women are :)strong and brave as well right? proud to be one! and motherhood adds glory to it :) You have all the luck from me :) Thanks once again, i cant stop smiling here :)

    ReplyDelete